The MAD SUMMER School of Industrial Design is a week of intensive workshop where participants will develop an urban design proposal for the seafront of the city of Póvoa do Varzim, exploring the theme of MAD Summer School - Unseen perspectives: Póvoa do Varzim seafront, 2018. It is intended to address industrial production, resistance and durability issues and the integration of urban furniture / equipment into its physical environment, therefore participants will have to select and proceed to the characterization of the site to implement the project proposal.
Taking place in the Portuguese north coast of Póvoa do Varzim, the MAD Summer School offers advanced masterclasses by renowned tutors in combination with an exciting program of film screenings, evening talks, concerts and a group exhibition, during “Curtas Vila do Conde” International Short Film Festival.
The MAD Summer School is held in the facilities of the School of Media Arts and Design located in Vila do Conde and results in the aggregation of several workshops and masterclasses related to an annual theme “Discovering the Unseen”. The projects developed during the week will result in a group exhibition at Centro de Memória de Vila do Conde, a museum space in the city which translates literally as “Centre for Memory”.Go top
Please take a note on the following deadlines:
- Proposals Submission: Jun 18, 2018
- Notification of the results: Jun 25, 2018
- Registration: Jun 30, 2018 (100% payment)
- Summer School: Jul 16-20, 2018
Who can apply?The MAD Summer School of Industrial Design is designed for:
- Students should have basic knowledge of CAD design and 3D modeling
- Students and professionals of the area of industrial design / product or similar
What documents I need?
- Along with the application of registration, at least one example of the work developed by the candidate is required (link, pdf ...)
Selection of participants
For the accomplishment of the course there is a minimum of 10 students enrolled, as well as a maximum of 15 for the quality assurance and very close monitoring of the tutors.
|P.PORTO community (*)||